Re: Taking a Napster aka eating corn dogs and sleeping in a van; I believe my own eyes

--- "Kevin B. O'Brien" <kob1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:40:00 -0400, "Mark R. Leaman"
> <mleaman@sccoast.net> , late of Pablo Fanques Fair
> wrote:
>

> >> it is nice to hear pete supporting bootlegs and
> not being an a**hole like
> >> lars ulrich of metallica
> >>
> >> word.
> >>
> >> The difference is pete wants his music to be
> heard not like lars
> >ulrich!!!!!!
> >
> >Keets and the others:
> >
> >I'm sorry...you guys are just way off base here.
> Lars isn't acting against
> >bootlegs, he's against working and not getting paid
> for it.
>
> He should pay more attention to who is really
> screwing him. The RIAA
> can trot him out as the poor artist when they go
> after Napster, but
> then they screw all the artists by the "work for
> hire" clause they
> slipped through recent legislation. That takes away
> all of the
> artists' rights to their own music, and gives all of
> the rights to
> the big record companies, in perpetuity.
>
> My main hope at this point is that the digital
> technology will
> destroy the big record companies. It just might. And
> that is what
> they are afraid of.

if we really want to make the most of MP3s and 'free
music', just do what the radio dose.  Mp3.coms 10 a
month fee works, and so do adds, advertise in napster.
 i for one have bought several CDs of bands, bands i
would never have known about had it not been for
napster.  the record companies think they are all
that.  the only way they make money is if we buy the
music.  music should be free, it frees our minds,
spurs creativity.  im all for pete goin with bootlegs.
down with big record companies.  down with the labels.

SId in Chicago

=====
Life is a dark, desolate plain.  Life is also a bright and shinning garden.  Which one you live is up to you.--bJb