red strat that was smashed at jones beach and stuff

Hello everyone,

This is in answer to someone's question about why Pete smashed his guitar at
Jones Beach...

My soon to be wife and I were 3rd row in between Pete and Roger and we
noticed during most of WGFA he was having problems with the strat. He was
gesturing to Bobby and Alan to get him another one and he just completely
lost it at the end of song and took out the mike stand then went to town on
the monitor. He hit it on the monitor about a half dozen times before it
exploded. Unfortunately all pieces went either over my head or to the left
of me. I tried like hell to get a piece after the show. Somehow Bjorn
managed to get 2 microscopic pieces.

Anyway he didn't smash it because it was his favorite venue he smashed it
out of anger.

And I really didn't expect the strat to get smashed, I really thought the
acoustic was going to go after drowned. If anyone else noticed during
drowned he had a nasty cut out, sounded like static or something. I am not a
guitar technician so I cant pinpoint exactly what the problems was..

But to be able to see him smash a guitar is defintley something I will
always remember for the rest of my life. I tried to take a picture but I had
some nutball in front of me who screwed it up. I still need to get the pics
developed though. So there may be a chance. I will keep anyone who is
interested posted.

And on another note, It was great to hook up with Derrick, Magik, Mike6489,
Bjorn, Marino, SlipKid, and whoever else I met along the way for those few
shows.

I will be going to both MSG shows on October 5th and 6th even though we will
suppose to be on our honeymoon. :)

See you all there....

George + Jess