Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #180

I had 5th row center seats for the Phoenix show, I was planning on taking my
13 year old boy. It was thus far the highlight of his summer. He's a student
at an arts
school in downtown Phoenix. We were real excited, I was more excited seeing
him
anticipate the show more than anything. We talked about the Who constantly.
He was a little concerned when news of the cancellation
broke on Pete's site. After it was pulled we were a little more relaxed. I
picked him up from church camp Saturday and told him the sad news.
Needless to say, he was upset.
I was expecting a little anger but this poor kid was devastated. I
immediately went to ticketmaster's site and bought tickets for the San Diego
show.
I felt that it was the right thing to do for my son. He never asks for
anything, is a hard worker
and probably the nicest 13 year old you'll ever meet. I fully beleive that
he deserves
the things that make him happy

>From the looks of the arena the seats about 40+ rows back and off to stage
left.
He'll never see anything.

Sour grapes? Yes I would say that's an accurate comment. At $125.00 a ticket
for the Phoenix show I considered myself a customer. Fans buy CD's for
$20.00
customers pay $125.00 and up for tickets. Am I angry at the band themselves?
No not
really. Hell I wouldn't want to play outdoors in Phoenix in August. I am
angry
though when I see my son this dissapointed, not to mention my own.
Truthfully I
wish that the Phoenix show was never announced.
I would rather have it be my own decision if I wanted to put together a 2-3
day, $1,000.00 - $1,500.00 excursion to San Diego for the 2 of us. I would
like it to be my own choice whether or not I have to
miss 2 days of work and drive 14 total hours back and forth to SD or LA.

Maybe not Sour Grapes, maybe 'mistreated customer' is a better phrase.