Re: Why?

I was at the back of the crowd at Shepherd's Bush the nights you refer to,
Alan.  It's something I've seen before from above on the balcony at
Shepherd's Bush at other people's shows.  From behind it seems like people
are having fun - people po-going and dancing about but from above it's like
the people who are doing it have lost control of their limbs and think it's
OK to lean on everyone around them.  It's not just forward.  It's like
someone's running their hands over a brush or something the bodies just sway
about.  If you're at the edge you can move away.  If you're at the front or
up against anything you're squashed.

I don't know if it's European, I've only ever been to one very sedate gig in
the US - sadly not a Who one... :( -  but it is obviously to do with open
areas.

You're right when you say:
>>>It's just a blind, brainless, automatic pushing forward like
>fucking moron robots until you physically can't move forward another
>inch.<<<

.. but how can anyone control it.  Security people tend to stand the other
side of the barriers avoiding creases in their shirts and taking cameras off
fans who just want to take a snap.  The suggestion that they might wade in
and help makes the blood drain from their face.

Best

fi