your're nuts & your nuts

My interpretation of the lyrics,

"you can cover up your guts,
but when you cover up your nuts,
your admitting somethings wrong"

Is, if you have guts to do something you are taking a chance.  The same thing with balls or nuts, it is an atitude.  Men and women can have balls or nuts, if they take a chance or do something crazy - just like, "Wow, he's got guts to do that" or "Wow, she's got balls to do that".  I believe it is in reference to the American slang.  Pete is extremely versed in American lore and habits, he is a keen observer of the world.  How many times has Pete laid his nuts on the line and said "ballsy" things that no one else would.

I like this interpretation, I do not know if it is right, but it tells me that the minute you are covering up your balls, you know you are about to get screwed (in the bad sense).

Another great aspect of The Who is their personal lyrics that people relate to differently, but equally introspectively.

"How can you do it,
all by yourself,
how can you do,
withouth any help?"