Lifehouse

Before talking about Lifehouse, a cover by The Who
that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is "Good
Lovin'."  If I had Maximum BBC handy, maybe I could
point out one or two more.

Oh yeah, I don't think "Dancing In The Street" has
been mentioned.

Brian Cady wrote:

> Today I got in the mail from England the script to
> "Lifehouse" (1999) along with the BBC cassettes.
> If you want them go to www.amazon.co.uk.  They do
> ship direct to the U.S.  Of the two, I'd say the
> script, not the tapes, are the necessary item.  It
> is possible to understand the work (somewhat) with
> the book without the tapes but almost impossible
> to understand the tapes without the book (sorry
> Pete and co-author Jeff Young, but it's really
> not).  In addition the audio version of the play
> (both on tapes and on radio) is cut quite a bit
> from the longer book script.  And although you
> will get a copy of the audio version in both the
> Lifehouse Method and Lifehouse Chronicles CD's,
> you won't get the book of the script.  The book
> also has a 19-page essay by Pete on the history of
> Lifehouse with detailed summations of the plot of
> the 1971 Lifehouse, Psychoderelict and what the
> hell is going on in the 1999 play.

Pam the Who Girl invited me over recently to listen to
the radio play and follow along in the book, and I
fully agree about how difficult it'd be to understand
the tapes without the book.  I was surprised at how
disappointed I was in the radio play because I often
listen to and greatly enjoy the BBC radio special on
Lifehouse a year or two (or three?) earlier.  The
concept, dialogue snippets, and use of Who music
seemed much more powerful in that special.  It seems
like the December 1999 play retreated significantly
from that, as well as from Psychoderelict.  But maybe
it'll grow on me over time...

Rich B.