Pete's chatroom complaint - reply from Matt Kent

Brian,

Please pass on my own regret to the poster. It is frustrating and we are
still working on the problem. All I can say is that in an ideal world we
wouldn't have to have taken any action on the board but, unfortunately, some
people did decide to carry on outside of the guidelines I had asked to be
adhered to. whilst that may not satisfy everyone, that is the position.
Until such time as a suitable vetting system is in place with regards to
users then the board will remain closed to new members. However, other than
two people, anyone who signed up to the chatroom in the first month of
operation is still able to sign on, post and read the BBS. It's only new
users who can't get on at present.

Matt