Midnight at the Oasis; Some lost tracks; Website problems

>Fair enough, I can't imagine Liam (or Noel for that matter) singing My
>Generation either

Rebekah:

It's The Beatles doing The Who, which I would like to hear. A little replay
of history, perhaps, as John Lennon did a quick version of A Quick One after
seeing The Who at The Stones' RnR Circus.

>but the KEY difference is that The Who have always been innovators...
>of course they did covers,but compare eddie cochrans summertime to Leeds'
>version...

Jeremy:

Yeah, but compare The Who's two covers of James Brown songs to the
originals, and you'll see they didn't stray too far. In fact, Daltrey sounds
remarkably like Brown.

date is set to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the release of the
group's famed Live at Leeds concert album.

David:

Oh, so THAT'S their excuse for the delay? Hey, why not wait for the 40th
anniversary?
Besides, Leeds was recorded Feb. 14th (Valentine's Day), not RELEASED. If
it's the anniversary of when LAL was released, then I think we're going to
have to wait until October or so. Brian could tell us.

>version and the Band's equally great live take.  Wonder what the
>original sounds like. <g>

Carolyn:

Like Motown. Not very much like The Who or Band versions.

>KIDS ARE ALRIGHT.  Have I left out anything

AAA (French single version with alt. vocals), Substitite (US single with
alt. lyrics), Waltz For A Pig (although some might not count that since it's
not The Who but instead a B side of a Who single), three Radio London
commercials, Magic Bus (long simulated stereo version and short stereo
version), Signal 30 (aka Sodding Around), Kids Don't Have Kids & Join The
Air Force (PT radio commercials), Great Shakes (Moon radio commercial),
Young Man Blues (proper House That Track Built studio version), Eyesight To
The Blind (alt. vocal), The Seeker (alt mix), I Don't Even Know Myself (alt.
version), and from the NYC 1971 sessions with Leslie West: Pure And Easy
(w/Daltrey's end vocal intact), Baby Don't You Do It (unedited), Getting In
Tune, & Won't Get Fooled Again.

>2.  I'm rather unhappy with the continued closing of the boards on this
>website.  I realize there was some trouble with unruly members; however,

I sympathize, but it was a large disruption and the topic is most unwelcome
even in discussion there today, and they are trying to work out a way to
allow people back on but with so many freebie EMail accounts it's not easy
to control. And, unfortunately, the disruption had gotten to the point where
nothing else was being discussed at all. Anyone can have their say, but
there is a way to do it and a way not to. If you piss enough people off,
sooner or later it will come back to haunt you.
Please be patient; the day will come.

                  Cheers                                   ML