re- Oasis / My Generation

Jeremy Craine defines the difference quite correctly,there is good,great and
sheer brilliance and the latter is what Thw Who stand
for always. I could not have put it better myself. Anyone can cover
a song but can you 'improve' on it? Be 'innovative ' or arguably make
it better ? Example, Eddie Cochran's Summertime Blues . The Who not
only improved upon it but they made other bands play it like The WHO
played it too! If that is not Innovative,Creative or Leading the pack
so to speak then what is ? I'm sure Oasis will do a good job, (I'm not
very fond of them ),but I don't think such a song as My Generation
could ever be covered by anybody even as half as good.
I just hope Oasis have a lot of fun doing it and not just because it
was picked out of a hat as reported,they should at least WANT to do
it. Good luck guys.
Regards.
Derick.