Re: Oasis to cover My Generation.

The debate could go on forever with oasis fans on one side of the fence and
everyone else on the other..
but the KEY difference is that The Who have always been innovators...
of course they did covers,but compare eddie cochrans summertime to Leeds'
version...
true ,oasis' walrus is different to beatles' walrus but oasis did nothing
new,original,or different when they covered it..
at the time Leeds' was different..(and still is imho)
so although oasis may be likeable to some people,and have catchy songs
etc..it's impossible to compare them on a creative level to The Who....