The Who On Video

>Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:25:12 -0500
>From: "Whooooo!" <whoooo@labyrinth.net>
>Subject: videos
>
>     Hey, I attended some weird kind of rock-and-roll memorabilia show
>this weekend which, in truth, was nothing more than a bunch of hippies
>in a hotel lobby selling, well, "rare" thingys.
>
>     Anywhoooo, I picked up four really interesting videos: (1) the Who
>in Cleveland, 1975; (2) the Who in Pontiac, 1975; (3) The Who in Germany
>(essex?) 1981; and (4) the Who in Las Vegas, 1999.
>
>     The German video is really interesting. That show must have been
>broadcast on German tv.  The whole concert is professionally shot and
>brilliant in quality.
>
>     The point? I don't have very many "rare" audio cd's of the World's
>Greatest Live Performing Rock and Roll Band. Would anyone want to work a
>trade? I'm most interested in soundboard recordings of the 75 tour, 79
>tour, or 71 tour.
>
>anyone who wants to deal should email me privately.  thankwhooooo

There was a 25 minute promo for the Face Dances release that showed the band
and the artists at an unveiling party for the album and its art work. It
also included the 3 videos You Better You Bet, Don't Let Go The Coat and
Another Tricky Day.

Regarding the Who Are You promo film, I have never seen or heard of a copy
that was ever bootleged.

With regards to other video that has surfaced from the '60's/'70's, other
than TV appearances, Woodstock 1969, Cow Palace 1973, Detroit 1975,
Cleveland 1975 and some super 8 from Chicago 1975, Toronto 1975, Toronto
1976, Oakland 1976, New York MSG 1979, Buffalo 1979 (all are short pieces).

There was a rumour that a complete video of The Who at the Coliseum, Convent
Gardens London 12/14/69 was supposed to surface, but I haven't seen it yet.

Does anyone know of any other video from the '60's or '70's out there??