Re: videos

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:25:12 -0500, "Whooooo!"
<whoooo@labyrinth.net> , late of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:

>    Hey, I attended some weird kind of rock-and-roll memorabilia show
>this weekend which, in truth, was nothing more than a bunch of hippies
>in a hotel lobby selling, well, "rare" thingys.
>
>    Anywhoooo, I picked up four really interesting videos: (1) the Who
>in Cleveland, 1975; (2) the Who in Pontiac, 1975; (3) The Who in Germany
>(essex?) 1981; and (4) the Who in Las Vegas, 1999.
>
>    The German video is really interesting. That show must have been
>broadcast on German tv.  The whole concert is professionally shot and
>brilliant in quality.
>
>    The point? I don't have very many "rare" audio cd's of the World's
>Greatest Live Performing Rock and Roll Band. Would anyone want to work a
>trade? I'm most interested in soundboard recordings of the 75 tour, 79
>tour, or 71 tour.
>
>anyone who wants to deal should email me privately.  thankwhooooo

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but this is the
second time in the last few days that I have seen someone post
about buying videos at record shows, and the videos they bought are
almost all readily available from traders. If you want to spend
money buying these things, by all means go ahead, but I felt I had
to say something for the sake of the "newbies" who may not realize
that there is a lot of material readily available. This particular
show, the "Rockpalast" show from Germany, has been on at least 75%
of the trade lists I have looked at. And it is good show, no doubt
about. The Cleveland and Pontiac shows are also on most trade lists
I have seen.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/