Matt Kent on King Biscuit, official bootlegs

Matt Kent posted the following two messages Monday at petetownshend.com

On official bootlegs:
"This isn't a new idea and a 'Who Put the Boots Out' series is on the cards.
There is, however, a problem when it comes to record companies who lay claim
to a lot of the material (believe it or not. The series could possibly end
up in a legal action. At present though the idea is still to release live
material."

On King Biscuit:
"I don't think that the eelpie site and things like King Biscuit should be
confused. Yes, there is a delay on Chronicles which is due to Pete wanting
to put out the best package but neither Pete or the band have anything to do
with the delays surrounding the other Who releases. The King Biscuit album
was, as I understand it, originally delayed so that the BBC sessions could
take release preference. Obviously the BBC release was then constantly
rescheduled (which was down to legal reasons) and kicked the KB release into
touch. King Biscuit then didn't schedule another release date for the Quad
release. I believe that this has now been done but I think it's very
unlikely that it will hit the shelves before 2001."

        -Brian in Atlanta