PT quote from yesterday

Hey gang:

   Yesterday i posted a message with this quote from a Pete song for you to
guess: "They need an Iron Man, they want a man of rock."
   Tricky one, no? It is NOT from The Iron Man album, i got a few guesses
from that. It is actually from the non-album track "Life To Life" which
appears only on the soundtrack to a horrible eighties film called "Playing
For Keeps"(1986). The soundtrack was put out by Atco, and Pete must've owed
someone a favor. The soundtrack contains no other interesting music, only
the worst sludge i've ever encountered: Arcadia, Sister Sledge, etc. Also
has Julian (not John) Lennon's bland version of "Stand By Me" and Phil
Collins doing a song titled "We Said Hello, Goodbye" (note: not the
Beatles' song "Hello, Goodbye"). Worst of all is the studio musician Chris
Thompson doing the song "It's Not Over (Til It's Over)" which Starship had
a mild hit with in the early eighties. Pete must've owed someone BIGTIME to
be on this record.
   The song is not bad. Not up to par with his White City stuff, but darn
good for an outtake. Here's the lyrics:

LIFE TO LIFE by Pete Townshend

Gotta let my heart learn to talk
Must let my head learn to walk
I must forget all the hopeless pain
Must bring my life back to life once again

Never let them see you crying
Don't try to run before you've figured how to crawl
They must believe they are the lions
Never let them guess you've figured how to fall

Let them brand you as a sinner
Let them think that you're the one who has lost
You won't be charged with being a winner
You won't be saddled being called the boss

Bring Life to Life  Life to Life
Breathe life into life  Give life back to life

Why pretend to be so rough and strong
When your weakness is your strongest hand
Why pretend to be so tough so long
As you really are an ordinary man

Never let them see you dreaming
Never let them know you've conquered your sorrow
Don't let them know you're scheming
Don't let them know that you have plans for tomorrow

To bring life to life  Give life back to life
Life to life Give life back to life

Will you take the stand, can you stand the shock
They need an iron man, they want a man of rock
You can keep all the games, the suicide leaps
Keep away from the flames, this time we're playing for keeps

Never let them see you crying
But make damn sure you're not afraid to cry
Never let them see you trying
Never let them know that you're prepared to die

to bring life to life
give life back to life

Gotta let my heart learn to talk
Must let my head learn to walk
I must forget all the hopeless pain
Must bring my life back to life once again

                       --------Pete Townshend (1986)

           There you go. Hope you enjoyed that, i love trying to stump you
guys!
           peace&anarchy, jeffree