Leif-ing on a jet plane

> 1999 made me happy in the movie Dept. So good to hear The Who on some
>soundtracks.

Janice:

You forgot Summer Of Sam, which I watched last night and it's hard (no pun
intended) not to get excited during the two Who songs. However, apart from
being a truly lousy actor I didn't like that Spike Lee made the Who fan such
a loser. That is harder to believe than what happened in Phantom Menace.

>I would say MCA is clearly responsible for the Who's lack of mainstream
success, as say on the level of the Stones, Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

Kent:

I think you're at least partly right. Another factor would be that The Who
weren't nearly as commercial. It wasn't easy to market a band writing about
concepts as far out there as Lifehouse, when the people wanted Grand Funk
sing-along type songs.

>Does anyone know the E-Mail addresses at MCA and BEst Buy that we could
>bombard with messages about their stupidity?

JJP:

It's not BB's fault.

>>From a marketing standpoint (and that wasn't my major), could it be that
>they know they could make money from this, so issue a 2nd CD later?

Diane:

They haven't done this in the past, like reissuing a remixed AQO in stereo
after they "found" the tapes. I'd say that their MO is: we issue this, and
that's all you're going to get. Seen Tommy LAL yet?

>Mark, I loved your diatribe against MCA Records

Carolyn:

Thanks; I hope THEY get the message. I wouldn't mind if Leif got the message
too.

>why do they still work with them?  They did the last two albums
>through WB, which indicates to me that they were fed up with MCA.

Phil:

Actually, that's not true. The last album of the original band was Who's
Last, which WAS on MCA (and contained only songs from the MCA period, even
though a significant amount of the tour was new material...oh, that's
right..."the band picked the songs"). Then of course everything since, even
the two remixed WB albums, has been on MCA.

>Ok  So Are The Mca Remasters/ Remixes of "Who's Next"

Drew:

ALL of the remixed WN (and the original too) is in true stereo. I don't know
what the Collector's WN has different from the original or remix, if
anything, but you need not get it for true stereo versions.

>But the questin is just as equally valid for the BBC disc -- who's
>idea was it to use MCA for this?

Phil:

Again, they've used MCA for everything (except IOW, which was owned by
someone else due to the film rights). Why I can't say, but my guess is they
went to WB because WB outbid MCA, and when the band broke up it killed the
WB deal...although I seem to remember there being a four album deal with WB,
which would explain WL except it was on MCA...maybe MCA bought the contract?

>Mark Leaman, didn't you mention about the big Valley Forge record show

No, it wasn't me. I've never been to VF. I do remember it being mentioned,
though.

           Cheers                               ML