Re: I Can See For Miles - Live 1980

> >Oh and The Who played ICSFM live in 1980.  I saw them when they played it
> >here in Atlanta.  From what I recall, it was a letdown after the single
> >(they featured horns for one thing).
>
> Right. Those damned horns. I don't count that, a latter-day version.
>
>           Cheers                             ML

I always liked those versions from 1980.  Daltrey is especially good on the boots
I've heard.  I thought the band played it pretty tight.  And the horns don't seem
too intrusive to me.....but I know what you mean......they can start to annoy at
times.

I also like the versions of "Sparks" from this time period.  Pete sometimes plays
very Edge-like (U2).  Or is it the other way around? - The Edge plays very Pete-like.

- SCHRADE in Akron