Re: "New" Album?

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark R. Leaman <mleaman@sccoast.net>
> For instance, ICSFM has long been a song I wanted to hear live...but no
> bootleg from the period had one, either from the summer `67 tour
(apparently
> before they recorded SO) to the 1968 tour...it seems they just didn't do
it
> live! Or at least not until 1989...

They did play it live during their shows in the last months of 1967 and
probably into early 1968 but, very unfortunately, had dropped it by the time
they got to Fillmore East.  No bootleg of one of these shows has surfaced
but I wouldn't rule it out forever.  There might be someone with an old
cassette tape stashed in the closet...

Oh and The Who played ICSFM live in 1980.  I saw them when they played it
here in Atlanta.  From what I recall, it was a letdown after the single
(they featured horns for one thing).  The only live version I come close to
liking is Roger's slow-blues version on the Daltrey Celebration DVD and
that's only because it is so radically changed that it becomes a different
song and I no longer have to compare it to the original single.

        -Brian in Atlanta