re-Horses Neck/ Pirates of the Web

I'm not sure where you saw it selling for fifty quid Jeremy, but I hardly
think the book cost more than $8 right now brand new in Barnes
and Noble! Was it an autographed book by Pete or Something? I paid about $7
or $8 for it new last year and then bought another copy on
Ebay for about $4 !  It is inevitable that some people will not want
to pay Forty pounds sterling plus shipping for Chronichles etc......
So they will borrow it and either tape it or 'Burn' it as the new
way of copying is called. Specially when they more or less have had
the music in some form or fashion for years. The Who fan that wants
it for his/her collection will buy it anyway. I personally never got
any of the three albums that have now made up 'Avartar'. I wanted
them for years but could not get them. Now I have been able to get
them and are pleased with it.  But Chronicles and Method are a bit
different. I already have it all on other records/boots etc.........
I'll probably end up buying them anyway, one day,but If boots do
appear, I may invest in one first. Heck I always have! Who has'nt?
No matter what you say or do, the pirates will not go away anyway.
I think that behind closed doors, the major film and record companies
secretly like the bootlegging that goes on anyway, as it helps to
promote the 'real product' which usually sells quite well anyway.
Even if you buy/own a bootleg copy of a video or CD youknow that
it's not gonna be quite as good as an 'original' so you still end up
one day buying the actual CD or going to the cinema to see the movie
on the big screen anyway! Or rent the video!
Regards,
Derick.