Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #53

BUT, copying Lifehouse is akin to taking dinner right off of Pete's
> kitchen table!

I didn't think that mattered. I see all the time on this very list people
trading and taping things.  It seemed to me that this list is meant for fans
to be objective, mature about their love of The Who.

I am shocked that some of you have "taken the high road" and believe that it
is wrong that I asked if there were going to be any copies available.
It is not so much that some of you do not agree with me, that bothers me.
But to tell me to "Fuck Off and Die" or  to e-mail me and call me "A
wanker"? Is that really necessary?

I wonder if these folks also believe that it is wrong to buy "used" cds and
sell stuff on E-bay.

Taping and "pirating" will always exist. It is bigger than all of us. Record
companies are not being hurt at all by any of this. They will always make
money from me and you. The artists will make money too. Remember a few years
ago when Garth Brooks tried to get used cd stores shut down? I do. And
people laughed so hard at him that his stupid hat came off!

 These days, I guess we should all be ready to fork out the big bucks to be
able to enjoy our idols. Just look at a couple of years ago, fans of "The
Eagles" showed their appreciation by paying upwards of $150.00 a concert
ticket. I guess I should shell out the money and be able to feel closer to
Pete like some of you do.

In closing I must say,

 I am truly sorry to have offended some of you. I did not realize that it
meant so much to some of you. I pledge to never tape or buy any used Who or
Pete Townshend merchandise ever again. In good faith, I think that we should
all take this time and pledge to do the same. C'mon guys- Let us wake to a
new day!

Hold your hand close to your heart and repeat after me:

"I, (state your name),  promise to only purchase record company products of
The Who and Pete Townshend. I will not covet the CDR. It is dirty and wrong
to do so and will only lead me to do nasty things".

Now, let us all join together to sing our prayer:

"See me, Feel me"

There will be a bonfire ceremony after this service, please bring all
bootleg or pirated merchandise to be burned.

Coffee and donuts will be served in the basement of the refectory.

I feel better already. Our service has ended, Go in peace my friends.

Chris