Re: The Techno who/what about lifehouse the film

>I just picked up a couple of the Lifehouse element singles, one to listen
>to one for posterity (they were only 99 cents!!!!)  Anyway I really really
>liked the new Techno version of who are you!  Its not at all what I
>expected, very grounded and not as overblown as some remixes are.

I made the trek to Best Buy today and picked up the BBC Sessions and um, all
their Lifehouse singles.  I had to ask for them, and the guy had them down
at the end with his stock terminal, probably trying to decide what to do
with them.  They never even made it out on the shelf.  Heheh.

I like the techno thing, too.  A lot of it sort of chugged along, but there
were some elements to it that really snagged my attention.  Pete seems to
have downplayed the rapper and his own vocals in the mix, and played up the
techno element, from what I've heard of this before.  It sounds like that
regular rhythm that he likes for his solo work, but it's transformed here by
the synthesizer very well.

>As far as the Orchestral Baba O'reilly, its very similar to the arrangment
>on then "Who's serious" disc but still had some interesting parts.

As expected, I didn't like this as much as the Daltrey/Kamen/Who
arrangements with the heavy jazz elements, but it is definitely interesting,
and it leaves no doubt whatsoever that it's a modern composition and a
serious piece of music.  I also think I detect a certain sense of humor in
the scoring.  <grin>

I really don't think Pete needs any help with "classical" arrangements.
Like I said, it just doesn't seem to be a big step from the Who-on-Ice/Quad
sound to a symphony orchestra.  Nobody tries to convert Copeland--they just
play it.

keets