Wall of Sound

Keets,
The Wall of Sound term is definitely associated with the Phil Spector stuff
from the sixties, especially the girl groups like the Ronettes (with his
wife Ronnie Spector) and Darlene Love.  I think it was all in mono too, but
I could be wrong.   The name "Wall of Sound" was also given to the Grateful
Dead's PA system around 1974.  And while I can't help thinking of those when
I hear the term, I've got to agree with you that it's the WHO that truly
deserve the moniker,

Cory

"Can't we all just get along?"-Rodney King