boots, grammies and phil spector

>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:54:11 -0600
>From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
>Subject: Re: Bootleg Lifehouse
>
>>Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:41:23 -0500
>>From: "Christopher Heuing" <cheuing@netwalk.com>
>>Subject: Bootleg Lifehouse
>>
>>Has anyone offered to burn copies of the Lifehouse boxed set yet?
>>
>>If not, get with it you Whogeeks!
>
>And you would be...?
>
>>I refuse to pay that much for the thing, but would like to hear it. Esp. the
>>"rapping" stuff. It sounds pretty funny. I would add it to my Golden throats
>>collection.
>
>I'm presuming you're a troll, but for those who might be reading, this
>person is not talking about bootlegging but about piracy of a legit
>released work, which is anathema to real fans who wish to support artists.
>
>>Peace out,
>
>Let me spell out an acronym just in case you're not familiar with it: Fuck
>Off And Die.
>
>Alan
>"It's not like bein' possessed or anything...it's just...*I* *do* *my*
*job*."
>   --Pete Townshend

Well spoken, Alan. Just as an example, Chris, i cannot afford the
"Lifehouse Chronicles" right now, but WILL get it soon, and even though i
have a cd burner and a friend that bought the set, i WILL NOT burn a copy.
First, you're stealing from Pete, for crying out loud. Second, you wouldn't
get the really cool packaging and booklet. Third, YOU are bringing about
the eventually record-company conspiracy crackdown on illegit recordings by
posting such messages on the net. All the talk these days is about mp3's
and copying artist's work without paying royalties, etc. etc, and
eventually record companies are going to start to sue fans. Either that or
technology will be developed to prevent you from copying a song from a cd
to a cdr. So you're helping bring that into being by suggesting such shit
on a public list like this. Don't be such an ass.

Grammies: yes, cool to see Carlos win. Those interested in his better work
should check out "Lotus", a double live album from the mid-seventies, his
peak IMHO. Also, gotta hand it to Kid Rock, great performance. Blew me
away, and i don't even like his tunes very much. The rest of the grammies
were a yawn. Does anyone like Rosie O'Donnell or is it a corporate plot to
keep bland music alive?

 Phil Spector: Definitely invented the "wall of sound" production
technique. When used in reference to the Who's live shows, it's an
expression meaning damn loud at both the high and low frequency ends.

  Thanks for all the b-day wishes. In looking over the message i posted
about all the great WHO stuff in the last few years, i realized i forgot to
mention Isle of Wight video and CD, the 30 years Max R&B box set and video,
and more. Compared to 82-92, where we got, let's see, "Who's Last", "Rocks
America" video,"Join Together", and i THINK that's all, the last few years
have been unbelievable.

   peace&anarchy&stuff,  jeffree