Re: Grammys

I had thought it was a live concert effect as far as The Who went.  Their
studio recordings don't sound that way.  Was The Who the first band to apply
this to live performance?

I do recall one of TED commenting that the bigger band added texture to
their wall of sound, and maybe something about taking the pressure off Pete
as far as maintaining it went.

keets