Re: Lifehouse and BBC, of cuss

>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>
>Don't know if you're being sarcastic here or not, but may I be blasphemous
>and say that I really like "Who Are You (Gateway Remix)".  I'd heard Pete
>does rap and though "uh, oh" but the damn thing works!  A chilling 3am piece
>of work.

I just got the 2-song sampler yesterday, and  after only one listen, I
completely agree re: Who Are You.  Powerful stuff, lots of effected bass
frequencies and drums.  I actually got a vision of parts of it as a
soundtrack of Pete's "distant memories" of being on stage performing with
The Who, where everything's slowed-down, bassy, and echoing.  As for the
rap, I'm assuming Pete did it since the song's simply credited as
"Performed by Pete Townshend", and while I have trouble understanding the
words I think it works very well rhythmically and melodically.  I think
having rap in there is completely in tune with Pete's habit of challenging
the audience who wants to hear the same old thing (and producing the
traditional chorus of "yuk"s from the conservatives).  A very good track.

The London Symphony Orchestra's Baba O'Riley, OTOH, unfortunately does
nothing for me.  I wonder who arranged it for orchestra, and if it's Pete I
wonder whether he's bidding to leave a legacy as a classical composer.  I
don't need to hear this more than once or twice more in my life.

Cheers,

Alan
"It's not like bein' possessed or anything...it's just...*I* *do* *my* *job*."
   --Pete Townshend