RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #50

> Subject: Re: Pete's Demos
>
> Brian wrote:
> >My list of Pete demos better than Who versions?
> >
> >New Song
> >Sister Disco
> >Music Must Change
> >Theresa (a/k/a Athena)
> >and now that I've heard it
> >Slip Kid
> >
> >        -Brian in Atlanta

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.] I've always LOVED Pete's version of
Melencholia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
	'cause.......sometimes the sun just doesn't shine for ME DAMNIT!!

> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:08:28 PST
> From: "Derick Bhupsingh" <circles01@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re- Roger In australia
>
> Well it seems that there will be tour/s. I am glad. Now that Roger
> has more or less admitted this, any ideas as to what they are going to
> play
> live?. Or will it just be like greatest Hits again! Please,
> feel free to change things guys!

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.] Sounds like it's going to be a mix.  If they are
going to record new material between legs of the tour, wouldn't it be nice
to have a live version or two on the new album?!

> REGARDS,
> Derick.
> p.s. I thought the 'Rapper' on the Who are you track kinda neat?
>      Comments anyone?

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I thought it kicked ass....really!  I was
funk-a-fied!!  It was powerful.  You have to love an artist that expands
his/her horizons in this way.  I thought the orchestrations were great too.
Wish Pete had taken more Who songs and converted them into orchestrations.
	This Lifehouse collection, I believe, is Pete's legacy.  It shows
once and for all his true genius.  The man is a visionary.  I haven't found
a dud yet!!
	My friends are going to shoot me if I don't stop talking about PETE!
	But damn, show me someone else that is kicking this kind of powerful
music out. There IS no one else!

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in  VT