No Subject

Re: Brian and Derick's comments on "Who Are You" (Gateway Mix):

My tuppence worth: I think it's excellent. Nearly cutting-edge, yet with
sufficient familiarity to make it warm. Great "feel" to it - sort of angry,
fiery but controlled.

Oh - and I LOVE the complete live version too.

I was at that show, and when Hame arrived on stage to rap during WAY, a
well-nourished bloke to my right HOWLED at Pete "Who Are You is NOT a rap
song".
I remember thinking to myself it was a bit like a small-scale version of the
moment when the heckler in the audience shouted "Judas" at Bob Dylan as he
started his electric set back in '66. (The so-called 'Royal Albert Hall' gig
that really took place in Manchester's Free Trade Hall).

I also thought the bloke was a berk - because this was a Pete gig, he wrote
the bloody thing, and if he wanted to de-construct the song, then he had
every right. And also because it was an absolutely cracking version, and if
our amply-proportioned friend had only been able to take the clogging wax of
years of orthodoxy from his ears, he might have heard the sound of PT being
part of the creative process again.

Just my thoughts.