Recent Purchases (3 Japanese & 2 Boots)

Hello Fellow WHO Heads,
     In the past few weeks, I've been in WHO Heaven, finding some really
great CD's!
When I went to my local CD store, I was amazed to find almost ALL of the
Japanese remasters! I picked up LAL & O&S right off the bat. Why? Because
they have the best packaging of course! Needless to say, these 2 are just
great! The sound quality is better than the MCA versions, and the detail on
the packaging is just flawless. Even the brail (sp?) on O&S is there! I asked
the guy at the store if he had TKAA, but he said "What ya see is what ya get"
So much for that, or so I thought!
     A week later I went to pick up the new FLOYD Live WALL CD, only to find
out that Waters decided to be a pain in the ass (as usual) and not release
the damn thing until next year!! Anywho, what do I see but the Japanese TKAA!
SUCCESS!!
Again, the detail is down to the letter! And even though it's not remastered,
the sound quality is still far superior to that super crappy MCA single CD!
Yes, JT, RR, MGB are there.
     Now we move on to last night... I was in the City (NYC) and went to my
favorite boot store. They always have a fantastic selection! I get most of
this kinda stuff though them. So, I go into the WHO section and they had A
STEREO QUICK ONE on Wholiday Records (WH-006) YAHOO!
Another CD that REALLY caught my eye was something that I don't think has
been discussed on the list yet...MY GENERATION on Brunswick!!!
Yes, it's a CDR.
     Both of these CDs are just awesome! AQO sounds outstanding! I've never
heard the true stereo versions before, so this was a really nice treat! Even
Heatwave is in stereo! Happy Jack is a bad fake stereo version, but I'm not
complaining. It says that this was taken from the original 1966 German
Release. I'm guessing it's true.
There are also 2 bonus tracks in I'm A Boy and the Decca single of SUB with
the "I try to walk forward, but my feet walk back" words!
     MG is even better, if you can beleive it! Supossedly it's burned from
the original Brunswick LP, but it could have very well been from the Virgin
re-release from the early '80's (That I have somewhere in vault). It doesn't
really matter, it sounds incredable. Yes, it is in mono.
The real keeper to this CD is the bonus tracks...
ICE.. usual sound
BALD HEADED WOMAN... Clean sounding (mono)
A,A,A... same as above
DADDY ROLLING STONE... Stereo version, possibly from Two's Missing?
ANYTIME YOU WANT ME... Much better sound than on TM (mono)
SHOUT & SHIMMY... By far the best sounding version (mono)
YMB... YEE HA, The REAL House That Track Built version!! Way better than the
crap on O&S!
     The interesting thing about the CD is that bonus tracks are said to be
taken from the original Brunswick & Decca 45's. How true this is, I don't
know, but you can hear an LP pop every now and then, so anything's posssible.
The CD has the original cover on the front and the Decca & Track Built covers
on the inside, and is listed as LAT 8616.
     I'd like to say to the fine folks that burned these CDRs...
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR TREASURE WITH OTHERS! If you're on the
list, please drop me a line so I can thank you personally!
     Have A Great President's Day Weekend,
        Keith
PS
     For those of you that care, The new STEELY DAN & AC/DC studio albums
will be out a week from Tuesday on Feb. 29!!! UGH, more money buring though
the wallet!