Life(is in the)House!

> And she wasn't *that* cute, either.  She'd have looked a lot better had
she got
> the CD out of the back, I'll tell ya that !

Scott:

And Akron is too far from here...

> Ahem...yes, well that's exactly what I said.  "Uh-oh."  Those "rap"
> segments are really embarrassing.  Who the fuck is "Hame" & how
> the fuck did his weak-ass shit get onto a Pete Townshend release? !

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you here. For one thing, I hate Rap but this
isn't "Yo Bitch" but meaningful to the story, so I don't mind it.

> The first two CD's are satisfactory

What I like is we get the full length songs, rather than edited like the
Scoops.

And I meant to mention that I think the Teenage Wasteland must have been
recorded during the WAY demo sessions. It just sounds like it to me.

> I haven't listened to the play yet.  That comes later.  Later, babe.

I think that will heighten your appreciation of the rap, I think. I hope.

> Yes.  The endings of Tommy and Quadrophenia are bleak, too, but the magic
of
> them is that for all the bleakness it isn't hopeless.  Tommy can still
> praise the "tall stranger", Jimmy can at least feel that "love" might
point
> a way out, but for Ray there is no hope at all.  "This is the
future...this
> is a nightmare."

Brian:

Right, exactly.

> Something like Psychoderelict?  It seems like Pete has lost his assurance

> that any of life's problems actually have a solution.

Keets:

Not really, because even Psycho has a resolution. Thanks; I'd forgotten
about that story (damn me to Stones Hell). In that story, he gets the girl
and popularity and he even allowed himself to be manipulated into what he
wanted.

       Cheers                  ML