Re: Lifehouse review

> Someone said their favorite demo was Slip Kid; my vote goes for Sister
> Disco.

Having heard some of the songs on the Music Must Change boot, I've decided
that I much prefer Pete's demos of the songs on Who Are You to The Who's
versions.  Sorry Rog, but Pete seems to "get" these songs in a way that
Roger doesn't.

> However, in Lifehouse there simply IS no resolution. Things happen, but
the
> end (at least as far as I can gather from one listening) resolves nothing
at
> all, and there is no realization...just grief. It's a lot like real life,
> guess...and in that respect, it is successful.

Yes.  The endings of Tommy and Quadrophenia are bleak, too, but the magic of
them is that for all the bleakness it isn't hopeless.  Tommy can still
praise the "tall stranger", Jimmy can at least feel that "love" might point
a way out, but for Ray there is no hope at all.  "This is the future...this
is a nightmare."

        -Brian in Atlanta