BBC Questions

I have many bbc recordings and I have a question.  How come they all sound
like a studio recording.  I know that they are in the studio but what I
mean is the lack of a live sound.  Take the whos live at the bbc version
of long live rock.  Pete messes up on the vocal but yet the piano part is
overdubbed and you can really here it at the end.  All bbc recordings that
I have heard are like this except ledzepplins which sounds live, concert
live along with Hendrix at the bbc.
ryan