Re: John's Movement

A>Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:28:17 PST
>From: "Derick Bhupsingh" <circles01@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Brian Wright- Question About John Entwistle
>
>Brian,
>      My response is this. I have personally observed John while onstage:
>a. Smile
>          b. Laugh
>          c. Nod to a roadie
>          d. Sip a drink
>          e. Look confused
>          f. Sing
>          g. Play the 'Meanest Bass around'
>          h. Yell at Townshend and Daltrey' "fuck it lets' play" -
>refers  to an angry Entwistle at The Lyceum Ballroom, London,UK on
>the British Quadrophenia tour after they kept going on and on telling
>the story of Jimmy.
>                   However I have'nt seen Him do much else !

   Hey guys:
     This cracked me up. Made me think of an old Monty Python routine,
called "Novel Writing" where sportscasters televise and comment on Thomas
Hardy writing a novel. The Who equivelent might be (imagine John Cleese,
excited, yelling this):

"AND Daltrey's all over the stage as usual and Townshend's arm in fine
bowling form, certainly putting those chords to shame as he crashes down
onto them but WAIT! IT's ENTWHISTLE FROM THE LEFT! I THINK HE MOVED! YES! A
DEFINITE TWITCH IN THE NECK! THE CROWD IS ON IT'S FEET AND HE'S BASKING IN
THE GLOW OF THEIR ADORATION OF HIS SLIGHTEST MOVEMENT OF ANY KIND AND
DALTREY'S INTRODUCING HIM AS THE OX, THE FANS ARE COMPLETELY CRAZY AS JOHN
SEEMS TO... IS HE?... YES, WAIT, NO, I THOUGHT HE MIGHT GESTURE THERE BUT
HE'S HOLDING BACK..."

  Sorry for the interruption, just had to share my laughter and thank you
for the humorous thought........
                              peace&anarchy, jeffree