Re: These Boots are made for listenin'; Woodshock; Avatar baby

> I received confirmation today (as did many of you, I imagine) that my
> shipment from eelpie.com was sent.

Phil:

Me too. I had them send it here to my store, so I'll have it as soon as
possible.

> remember, lots of great WHO boots aren't live shows, they're studio
outtakes

Scott:

At this point, unless you count stuff released but currently out of print,
there's only one CDs worth of unreleased tracks. Most of the ones you list
have one or two tracks, but with the majority released elsewhere.

> WHO PUT THE BETTER BOOT IN (1976 show)

This is the Swansea show I mentioned.

> ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTE (1969 live stuff)

Offspeed but a good performance, unfortunately strangely edited.

> MUSIC MUST CHANGE (Pete's WHO ARE YOU demos + more)

I don't know what you have, but mine is a Psychoderelict show!

> THE TOMMY DEMOS (Pete's sometimes soft, sometimes bizarre TOMMY demos)

THIS one is fantastic. The entire Tommy done by Pete, except the Entwistle
songs and Cousin Kevin is the guide vocal version (nice to have, quite
revealing). AND there's a short but unreleased track called Success. Odd as
it may seem, the sound quality is better than the original release of Tommy
on CD.

> I am going on memory here, but isn't there a story in "Before I Get Old"
> about the band being fucked up on acid, Karen being at the hotel and
having
> no clue where he was?  Or was this Allison Entwistle?  Or am I making the
> whole damn thing up?

Jay:

Now that you mention it, I also remember this. The wives were angry when
they got back. Been a while since I read BIGO.

> My Avatar box set arrived this morning.  It's numbered 0147 (out of
2000).

Martin:

Good review, and DAMN now I wish I'd bought it too! But I believe I have
all of the Townshend material already. Don't have the video, but was shown
it at the Baba Center last summer for the Whofest and it is great! Or at
least Pete's performance is.

> 	- the instrumental Baba O'Riley IS GREAT*

Which is it, the 9 minute or the 13 minute version?

> Hope I've whetted a few appetites,

Definitely.

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/