Re: Boots & Such

In article <MAPI.Id.0016.00636872616465203030303730303037@MAPI.to.RFC822>,
    "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>  writes:

> I actually started buying boots early in my WHO collecting "career."  I know
> I owned WHO'S ZOO before I owned ODDS & SODS.  The boots & regular
> releases went hand-in-hand for me.

I also bought boots but didn't hear about them until right around the
time when I had bought everything else.  Oddly enough, it was the
now defunct 1980s US Who Club that got me interested in bootlegs with
their bootleg listing.  Ed Hanel's discography also got me interested
in all this additional material.

Who's Zoo was a weird kind of boot in that it filled in the gaps of
"regular" material that existed for the US fan.

Schrade is right about asking for opinions of existing fans before
buying a boot as the sound quality does vary tremendously.  I gambled
and was lucky most of the time but I also have a serious dud in the
collection.  The bootleg listing at thewho.net is a compendium of
information from Ed Hanel's discography, my editorial editions of CD
material and the collective opinion of many a Who fan since all
additions to the material come from other fans at this point.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,