Re: Guitars

> > > And PT. Drop the Strats and go back to Gibson !
> > > Kevin
> >
> > Here, here !!  Good advice !  SG ! SG ! SG !
>
>Well, its "good advice" from your point of view because you want to
>here a Who's Next era style of playing.  However, don't you think its a
>bit presumptuous to tell Pete how or what to play?  Let's face it -- he
>shifted from the SG to the strat for some reason.  That reason may or
>may not be one of the public comments he's made on this subject that is
>available to us.

PT:
"I've found that I can get away with playing what I've found to be a very
good guitar which Eric championed for Fender, the Eric Clapton Model, which
is a wonderful all-around guitar for me. It's one of those guitars where the
actual rhythm sound on it, the undistorted sound, the pickup, and the string
balance are very good. I don't know how they've achieved it, but it's very,
very good ñ itís almost as good as an acoustic. Also, if you wind it back,
it's got an active distortion pad in it, where it gets distorted without the
volume increase, and that enables me to get just the right amount of dirt,
but keep the level low."

Also, one of the things about sg's is they don't have quite the tonal
possibilities as a strat, and they are rather weak guitars, with thin necks,
whereas the eric clapton strat has a larger-v-type neck.

-Nick in UT, who just bought an eric clapton signature strat so he is
therefore biased.