RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #31

> Subject: Re: Pete photo
> Thanks.  Terrific shot!
> keets
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Is this the "Pete in a dress" photo that was on
Pete's site recently??  If someone can scan it onto this list, I'm sure
those who still can't access Pete's site would love to see it.  Nice legs
Pete!!

> Subject: Re: Take A Little Dope.......
> I was unclear.  Pot (IMO) can......how can I put this?.......pot can
> sometimes
> enable a person to see another side or perspective of a once firmly held
> belief or idea.  Mind you, you don't discard your old views, you just
> understand
> them better in the newly focused context.  How's that?  Too vague?
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Nope, very clear.

>  Anyway, with that in mind, understanding sexual suppression *within the
> context
> of "Naked Eye"* became easier.  I don't, however, think there is a link
> between
> the two (pot & sexual suppression).
> - - SCHRADE in Akron
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Ah, I'm with you now.

> You're probably right, since I know very little about Pete's personal
> bio.  I never really thought much about a sexual meaning to the lines
> until this discussion began; I was just idly speculating.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Good speculation IMO.

> What I'm wondering about now is the next part of the verse:  "Press any
> button
> and milk and honey flows".  Hadn't given that much thought, either,
> until this all came up, but it reminds me of when MILK AND HONEY came
> out and I was wondering if the title referred to John & Yoko
> respectively...either because of skin color or something else.  Yes, I
> suppose I have a dirty mind, too. ;-)
> - --Carolyn
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I've been trying to fit this last line into any
and all the previous theories as well.  It's been quite painful....mentally.
I find myself having a dirty mind too.  :)   Never thought about the John
and Yoko idea though.

> Subject: RE: Who pissed in Matt Kent's Wheaties?
> Likely it was Pete, sorta like "Get outa here--I'm busy with the Lifehouse
>
> show!"  I didn't think you were out of line, and Matt didn't  sound really
>
> huffy, so it's not a big deal.  Just shift to another lyrics question and
> carry on with fan opinions.
> keets
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Yeah, I guess you're right.  E-mail can be such
a difficult medium.  One wrong word, or punctuation mark, and all hell can
break loose.  I find that stresses at work and everyday life can slip into
things written (by all) and also effect the way things written are
perceived/taken.  Just hit me wrong that Matt would say that in front of
(now read over 100x) all Who fans.
	I (obviously) love the Who and Pete, and hate to think that such a
thing could possibly get back to Pete or influence other Who fans out there.
*sigh.     I'M A PACIFIST........REALLY!

	Peace,
	Kevin in Vt.