Live in '64

Joe wrote:  "Are accusing Alan of going down on Rush?  This seems
interesting...  "That's incredible if it's true" "

Joe,  Good one.  My guess is that Limbaugh is asexual.

ML:  "I guess it's all according to one's perspective. To me, the music
sounds like raw power. It's crude, yes, and ugly...so is the My
Generation album"

True, but its a different kind of rawness.  The MG album is raw in an
energetic, sloppy, punk, focused way.  Not unlike the early stuff from
the Stooges and the MC5.  What's always mystified me about the MG album
is what inspired them to make those sounds.  Now that I've listened to
the earlier stuff, I have a better idea.  If you take the '64 sound, add
some amphetamines, ambition, rehearsal and some original material - you
get 'The Who Sings My Generation'.

The '64 performances are raw in a drunken, garage, disjointed, meandering
way.  The "Smokestack Lightning" jam is particularly lousy.  It sounds
like they ran out of songs they had rehearsed and had to stretch the set.
 Unfortunately, they weren't comfortable enough with each other to pull
it off.  This terrible jam is also an interesting glimpse of things to
come.

Jeff