Re: Wild Collection?

> I picked up a "greatest hits" cd I've never seen before, the other day.
> It's a german cd called Wild Collection, and has a funny selection of songs.
> Tommy Can You Hear Me is one of the 16 tracks, Baba O'Riley is featured,
> but it's the Kids Are Alright version from Shepperton, See Me, Feel Me is
> a terribly distorted live version probably from Woodstock, etc etc. I haven't
> listened it through that carefully, but there seems to be other oddities as well.
> In the booklet for instance, there's a short Whostory, where the factual and
> spelling errors are flooding. Odds N Sods is called "Odds and Ends" and
> names such as Entiwistle and Townshed keep on appearing.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? It seems to be part of some greatest
> hits series with other artists as well, and it claims to be digitally remastered.
> The cover picture has the boys walking in front of an airplane, probably around
> 65-66.

Yeah, I have this, too.  I don't know any more about it, however, than you do.
As you described, the CD is a(n) haphazard collection of WHO tunes which cur-
iously uses some of the KIDS ARE ALRIGHT soundtrack stuff.

See it as just another crazy WHO comp to add to your collection.  There'll be
others on the store shelves soon, I'm sure.

- SCHRADE in Akron