Christmas homework, Christmas wishes, Christmas presents

>Toby, Jim, Schrade et al,
>
>Is it just me, or is it possible that these two threads have direct
>bearing on each other?  While he's scooping, could Pete find material
>that The Who may use on upcoming recordings?  Could he draw on his old
>lyrical and musical ideas to be developed into new ones?
>
>Pete:  Hello Roger, its me.
>Roger:  What's up Pete?  I'm in the middle of reading some cheesy movie
>scripts.
>Pete:  I've been doing some scooping and I found some demos that you
>might want to jackal - errr help me co-write.  Can you come over?
>Roger:  <silence>
>Pete:  Roger, you still there?
><doorbell rings at Pete's house>
>Pete:  Jeeves, would you get the door, its probably Roger.

Jeff,

Sounds good to me!

>From: DrJimmy <drjimmy@iamdigex.net>
>
>That doesn't make sense, no offense, but how can you personaly rate
>one album as best, but have another as a favorite.   Wouldn't 1 and
>2 be the same thing to you?  I don't understand how you vote what
>the best is, if you love another one. Are you going by popular
>decision? Your favorite should be the best, if indeed you know for
>sure what the best is....please explain.
>
>  > From: Pilam76@aol.com
>  > Subject: Re: X-mass Homework
>>
>  > 1. BEST ALBUM THE WHO DID:  quadrophenia
>  > 2. MY FAVORITE ALBUM:   who by numbers

Dr. Jimmy,

This isn't the explanation you asked for, just another example. I
think Who's Next is the best Who album, and Quadrophenia is my
favorite Who album. I hold this as a rather permanent opinion, unlike
my transitory opinion of my favorite Who song, which today is "The
Rock" from Quadrophenia (apologies to Roger; now I see why Caroline
S. "cheated" and picked the last 3 songs from Quad).

OK, here's a possibly lame analogy to explain: Is the greatest person
you know also your best friend?

To all,

I wish you all a safe and Merry Christmas, the holiday which, along
with Easter, answers the musical question:

"How can he be saved
 From the eternal grave?"

My Christmas present to you is to not reply to this:

>Al [Gore] can say what he wants, ... I have to wonder why you aren't
>upset about this either.
>
>                Cheers                 ML

Or this:

>  >From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>