Melodious thoughts

I knew I could count on you all for my therapy session.  Good points and
views on my fears and comments about The Who, I only hope for them to
challenge themselves as artists with integrity and again, like jazz
musicians, they can continue to play and push the boundaries of their
performances with covers and extensions just like Thelonius Monk and I will
be happy.  Someone please tell JAE to stop worrying about the sound his
bass makes on his solo albums and just kick some ass and write songs:
"Whistle Rhymes" is an excellent album.

I have to say my favorite song of The Who is "New Song", perhaps you will
allow me to wax nostalgic...

I told my brother to get me a good album when I was attempting to be a
teenager in '79 and he came home with "Who Are You" I knew nothing of The
Who or music - well Abba was my favorite band, at the time - I dropped the
needle onto side one of "Who Are You" and out of the speakers roared PT's
pick scraping down the neck of his guitar and the biggest, baddest,
kick-in-the balls opening of that album which blew me away.  I still get
giddy listening to that song...

The Who give me power.  So, New Song, Another Tricky Day, and Dirty Jobs
are my favorites.