RE: Xmas Homework

Kevin:

>I'd like to hear what your all time favorite Who track is.
>What track really gets you going?  What track really fires you up?  What
>track really means the most to you?
>What track really defines your commitment to The Who.
>Oh yeah, and let us know why.

Here's mine, (I know you said only one track, but for me it alternates...)

Choice 1 - My Gen/Naked Eye/Instrumental  from Isle of Wight -
Quintessential Who letting loose and walking the edge.  The interplay
between Pete and Keith is evident and the entire band is keeping tight while
improvising in between.  Pete's solo during Naked Eye for my money is
possibly his best recorded, live or studio.  He is playing like a man
possessed.  I used to play this one really loud before every gig my band
played to pump me up.

Choice 2 - Join Together/Roadrunner/My Gen Blues from Kids Soundtrack -
Again, the Who walking a tightrope without a net.  Yeah, they had this jam
down pretty good during this tour; some might say that it's not really
improvised, but hearing this and hearing the Toronto boot from the same
tour, I still like the flourishes of improv.  But most of all - THE SOUND!!!
The Who are a machine; a jet engine that is roaring into high gear.  Mean,
nasty and dirty sound and I love it.  Not to mention that Rog's voice sounds
like a buzz saw and he is just wailing.  That alone makes it a keeper.

There's my two cents.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Holidays for
those of you who are JeWHOish or not into the Christmas thing.  Peace...

Jim in Colo Springs

"Racket?!?  Racket?!?  That's Brahms!  Brahms' Third Rackett!!!" - Basil
Fawlty