Re: X-Mass; Melody (It was her second name); Pete's take on Georgie

>I'd like to hear what your all time favorite Who track is.

Kevin:

Pure And Easy, even if it makes me the odd man out not putting a live track.
For me, musically and lyrically this song defines The Who. Even as the album
Quad does.

>stuff.  But now I am embarrassed to listen to the CD's "The Rock" and

Toby:

Yeah, that one is pretty weak, but I can hardly call it an Entwistle album
since he wrote very little of it. It's like "How commercial can I get?" "How
much can I sound like Journey?"
But I also disagree about Psycho...with White City one of his best solo
albums. You say there's no great melodies...what about Now And Then or Early
Morning Dreams? Especially the latter, I can hum it all day.

>the caliber of PT's was so high, he said.  Now he has been at the forefront
>of offering songs and his last solo album had him increasing co-songwriting

Daltrey's songwriting solo efforts make me hope he doesn't write one single
song for the new Who album. He's just not that good.

>(Mr. Gore, does that include Jesse Jackson and Mark Leaman?)

Jim:

Al can say what he wants, I am under no obligation to take his advice. I
have the right to be outraged at a blantant twisting of the rule of law.
Naive as it may sound, I still believe in democracy not tyranny.
Frankly I cannot see how you can have a problem with a Pete Townshend quote
on a Who list. I can, of course, see why you don't LIKE it...but Pete has
always been a keen observer and penetrating intellect (which is what
attracts me to his writing) and his words cannot help but ring true. Bush
using WGFA without permission (as well as using every effort to ensure votes
were not counted despite the Florida law requiring it if a candidate
requests it) shows clearly that Pete has seen George "Fuh-Kya" Bush's true
character...rather unsavory, which is no surprise to a lot of us. I just
can't make up my mind whether he's too stupid to do much damage or so stupid
he won't realize he's doing damage (as he already has to the GOP, more than
ever before).
Gore is not responsible for Jackson's actions, nor am I, but I can certainly
understand people being outraged at both the will of the people and the rule
of Florida law being circumvented to achieve a political end. Actually, I am
amazed that you aren't. If Gore had done anything like this, I would have
abandoned him in a heartbeat.
Pete Townshend wasn't supporting either candidate, but certainly he can see
when someone cares so little about the rights of the individual they
thoughtlessly pervert his art for evil use. I have to wonder why you aren't
upset about this either.

>Hi everyone.  It's been a long time since I last posted and I thought I'd
say hello.  I have to ask Mark, where did you get this quote?

Shanna:

Hi, good to hear from you. I got it from a post on this list, and the person
who posted it tells me you can get it here:

http://www.egroups.com/message/petetownshend/3170

It will also show up in the archives of this list, a few days after the
election if I recall (not available yet).

"The new President of The United Sates is
    what I would call a cunt "
              Pete Townsend

               Cheers                 ML