Re: New Who Tribute Album

> Here's a review of Who Cares, the new Who
tribute record:

> http://pandomag.com/cdreviewstext/whocarescd.htm

I just got this and was listening to it last
night.  4 Hr. Ramona's "The
Seeker" is very good and I like the change of
lyrics: "I asked Oprah Winfrey
but she couldn't help me either."  Another
interesting change is Flexie's
lesbian "The Kids Are Alright:" "Her husband's
fine but her folks wouldn't
let her."

SoundRangers "Baba O'Riley" is basically Radiohead
visits the Teenage
Wasteland and Bill Wolford's Head's version of
"Behind Blue Eyes" is very
good.  The biggest problem so far with the disc is
the singing.  Harmonies
are sometimes very off and I doubt deliberately.
You really need that
choirboy practice to do early Who right.

All in all, better that "Who Covers Who" simply
because they often take the
songs in a completely different direction from The
Who's originals which
should be the point of doing Who covers.  After
all, you're not going to do
it Who style better than The Who.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!