Re: Santana=Who Not/Blues to Manchester

>Mark,  We all know Grammy is bullshit, but you gotta give Santana  credit
>for producing a very successful album and creating a new fan base.

Definitely.  Carlos really brought out the best in the other folks who
appear on the album, and I think the secret was that he helped develop each
song.  They all tell really great stories about how the work came together.
I loved the concert on TV, too, watching the way they all looked at him.  I
expect to see something similar on the RAH DVD, from all accounts.

>I have also been thinking that "Supernatural" might be a decent framework
>for a new Who album.  Since Pete is having such problems writing and he
>seems to like having junior Who-disciples paying their respects, it seems
>semi-plausible that they might have guest writers and performers ala
>"Supernatural".

Pete's doing fine.  He's just worrying about it because his latter day and
solo efforts are about reflection rather than passion, and The Who's
audience doesn't like them as well as the old stuff.  The improvs on this
tour pretty much show he can write perfectly well for The Who.

I'd be wary of an album put together like SUPERNATURAL.  Pete tried that for
IRON MAN, and I didn't like it.  Santana has done a great job of unifying
the tracks, and others like B.B. King have done similar good jobs with
putting miscellaneous styles together--but I don't get that feel on IRON
MAN.  It's the only Pete album I really don't care for, because I can't hear
HIM in it much of anywhere.  Or his alter ego, Roger, either.  ;)

keets