I Don't Need No Woman...Scooter...You...I'm Alright!

I've been listening to TKAA Y2K over an over.  I agree with Kevin's,
Keets', and ML's recent analysis on how raw and powerful these lyrics
are.  I believe he has taken us through his outlook, and attitude during
the late 70's and early 80's, when Pete was failing at his marrage, Keith
Moon had just died, the battle with alcohol, the band breaking up, etc.

This is the "Jimmy on the Rock" stage of his life - or lifecycle in Pete's
case, because he seems to have highs and lows of repeating-non-terminating
demons (pardon my Ghostbuster's reference) that he submits to, then eventually
conquers.  The "Please don't leave me...I need you so badly now" is just
right there.   I agree that he could dedicate an entire album of songs to
this topic.  Whoever said the "..sprint to the finish line of death.." has
nailed it.   In five lines of lyrics he has told a complete story of how
a parent feels with a whole range of emotion.

Nice stuff!

Joe