Re: The recount was alright

> "Those who cast votes decide nothing. Those who count
> the votes decide everything."

Lee:

Leave it to Stalin, but of course this time no one counted the votes.
That's the problem.

> Just curious - since both sides in this have made their own blatant
attempts
> to discount votes in Florida does the 'dark day" epithet go both ways?

Greg:

I don't see how the GOP can spin it into anything bad (for them), but the
way I see it is the court short-circuiting a legal recount is a dark day
for democracy. That's just my opinion.

> Florida Supreme Court TWICE overstepped its bounds

Sorry, Greg, Florida law requires a hand recount if requested by the
candidate. Gore got this in one county , and none of the others were
completed. Bush ran the clock out because each count made it clearer that
Gore had carried the state. I think the Supreme Court usurped the rights of
the state (something Bush was against while campaigning)
There is NO justice in disenfranchising the voters. That is supposed to be
what it's all about.

> But it is indeed a dark day for our republic (since we are not a
democracy) -

Just to be accurate, I didn't say for "this" democracy or "our" democracy,
but "It's a dark day for democracy." Democracy in general.

> When U2 plays a Who song, suddenly The Who is high profile?

Mike:

Not JUST that...but it's among the reasons.

> profile act, with high profile people attending their shows.

You mean like the guy from Oasis? Uh...I'll take U2, myself.

"The new President of The United States
        is what I would call a cunt "
                         Pete Townshend

               Cheers                 ML