RE: Calling all Kevins

>What's John doing?  On that MG mp3 he changes the sound two or three times.

>Is he using a pedal, too, or is that some switch on his space-age buzzard?

keets

John definitely has a lot of effects running through his amps. His bass rig
is huge and much of it is rack mounted effects that run off of pedal boards.
So many sounds coming out. Obviously not your traditional bass player.

>Pete directs.  Like it really is a big band or an orchestra or something.
>They all watch him.  It's really subtle, and you don't notice until there's

>a screw up.  Now and then you see it on the videos.  Love those things.

keets

>One thing I *have* noticed is that Zak hardly takes his eyes off Pete at
>shows. Seems like he's looking for Pete for, not just changes & ending
>cues, but moods, feel, & variation, too.  Pete's the man in Zak's eyes.

One thing I noticed while watching videos is how important it is that Pete
is on stage left. The others can see where his hands are on the neck of the
guitar and this gives them some sort of idea where he is going. He
definitely is the band leader probably because he is the one holding it all
together. Think about some of the jams with Moon. Moonie  and JE are all
over the place and there is Pete like the captain of a ship holding down the
groove.

>Definitely!  I now look more forward to hearing Pete's solos in "5:15" than
>The OX's solo!  Pete wails on this song!

>I love how he'll just stick a note hard, get that pained look on his face,
hold
>his guitar up, & then burst into that crazy Pete Townshend shit that no one

>can match.  Those few seconds while he's holding that note are delicious!
>That's the shit that gives me the "shivers down my backbone."

- SCHRADE in Akron

Schrade you're so on the money. Right before Roger yells  " Out of my brain
....." That one huge distorted note kills. I find my self repeating that one
part over and over as I'm walking around.  It feels like all those years of
playing acoustic have build up all this rage in his fingers that he was
dying to let out. Thank God we got to see him unleash.

Kevin
_________