The bad news?

I realized that one way to possibly identify if the new DVD of The Kids Are
Alright was restored might be the length...the hacked-up version is not
only shorter because of the hacking, but it's sped up too.
Unfortunately, both the old videotape and the new DVD are listed at 99
minutes. This still doesn't mean anything definite, because either or both
could be wrong...using old info. But it's not good news.
If anyone sees the actual DVD, they might take a look at the time. I don't
recall definitely, but my thinking is the original move was 110 minutes.
Something like that. Perhaps someone else could verify this.

"I knew it might put him in an awkward position that we had a
  discussion before finality has finally happened in this presidential
race."
        George "Huh?" Bush

                    Cheers                  ML