TKAA & MG

Kevin O'Neal said:  "Pete exploring the duality of man???
Contradictions??
So, should we be hard and strong (like our fathers used to tell us we
should
be), or should we acknowledge our true feelings and admit that we are
human,
have feelings, needs (like our moms used to tell us we should be)?
Is Pete struggling with trying to live with both?  Aren't we all?"

Kevin,  "Duality" is a little deep for a bumpkin like me.  I saw it like
keets did earlier - a mini-opera.  We see the plot of Pete's life and by
inference the plot of MY life.  Raging teen becomes lovesick 20-something
becomes parent who aches to keep complete a relationship with the world,
a mate and family (respectfully).  All the while creeping toward the
finish line of death.  As I said before:  That is some righteous shit!  I
am not quite sure how the "lucky" Roger-sounding Simon&Garfunkel harmony
ending fits in with Pete's plot.  Maybe that is a different song getting
a workout on this scratch pad.

Didn't Pete start fooling with this in '98 solo with "nothing wrong with
my kids, etc"?  He has come a long way with it.  How much further can he
flesh it out before they record?

keets said:  "I thought he was talking to his children there, too, with
that "don't leave
me, I need you so badly now..."  That's the one that got me.  The kids
all
leave just as you're having a mid-life crisis and need some real, serious

emotional help.  How many couples get divorced about then?  It just
doesn't
help out."

Yeah - that would be the direct Pete application of what I also see as
the most aching lyric of the song.  Not necesarily about mid-life crisis
IMHO.  More about the simple "duality" or dichotomy of a parent's
function of nurturing while simultaneously setting your kids up to be
independent successful adults.  That is a constant hurt for any parent.
But you are right too.  That usually comes at a time (mid life) when a
parent is facing the idea of their own mortality and loneliness in old
age.  Perhaps this is Pete's main reason for getting back with The Who
now.  Seeking out the company of his old friends in the face of the
loneliness of divorce and setting his two oldest kids loose on the world.

The Pete well is not dry!

As far as The Ox's writings. IMHO  He would be smart to hold back until
Pete is able to unleash some stuff on the group.  Pete might feel more
insecure about his own abiltiy to produce now if John unloads a pile of
great songs before Pete does.

Jeff