Who boots; Loverboy musings

>I do actually have a grand total of one boot, called Alternate Rarites, =
>a collection of Pete demos of Who songs, and demos for stuff they never =
>recorded, and things like the American version of Substitute, an =
>alternate take of AAA, 'You Rang', 'Jingle Bells' and a couple of old =
>sounding live tracks

Christine:

AAA is the French single version, You Rang and Jingle Bells are both from
Ready Steady Go and are extremely rare (and usually sound like crap, so if
yours don't I'd love to trade for a copy). The other old live tracks could
be from the same source, as they also did Runaround Sue, Baby Don't You Do
It, Please Don't Touch, ICE, Substitute, TKAA, and Daddy Rolling Stone.

>when it was on last year.  I'm just not sure where to start with regard =
>to boots.  Are there any boots that seem to be part of the average Who =
>boot collection??

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion of what's essential, but for me it
would be:

Live At The Fillmore East 1968
Amsterdam 1969
Tommy Live At Leeds
At The Young Vic
Largo, Md 12/73 (some tracks from Philadelphia)
Swansea, Wales 1976
Toronto 12/17/82
Radio City Music Hall 6/27/89
Madison Square Garden 7/18/96

  I should start by buying the Scoop CDs, they're full =
>of demos aren't they??

Yes, you should definitely get them.

>so he could show me what to do there.  But napster gives you mp3's and =
>according to my brother, you can't stick these on a CD??

You can download a program which will convert them to WAV files.

>Can you believe Scott is dead?

>Does that sound about right?

Jeff:

I guess it's a really short list.

>I want to stick my nose in this fine discussion ML and keets are having.

Your nose is welcome.

>I agree with Mark that the lyrical bits we've heard are thin so far, but I
>think that it is not a bad thing.  The themes heard on TKAA2K and MG (from
>Manchester) are great.

Some of us haven't heard those yet. I'll comment when I do, and you know I'm
as positive as anyone about a new live album. Then reality sets in.

>I know I have to get a life.  But this one is so much fun!

Brian:

There's nothing wrong with the life you have now. It's not like you're the
king of the Loverboy list...uh, are you?

 "The legislature's job is to write law.
        It's the executive branch's job to interpret law."
                 George "Hey, I'm HALF right anyway!" Bush

               Cheers                 ML