back to boots and all that

Thanks for all the info on boots, I'll have to start looking.

Justin:-
>Join WhoBoots at eGroups.com :)
I have done, just last week, so I'll have to see what that brings.

Mark:-
>The way I got most of mine was from trading with other people on the
>Internet.

I do actually have a grand total of one boot, called Alternate Rarites, a collection of Pete demos of Who songs, and demos for stuff they never recorded, and things like the American version of Substitute, an alternate take of AAA, 'You Rang', 'Jingle Bells' and a couple of old sounding live tracks, I mean really early sounding live stuff, forgotten the songs off hand.  Oh yeah, and I also have some of the songs they did at the Lifehouse Young Vic thingy, those tapes came from a lass in America in return for a tape of Lifehouse which I taped off the radio when it was on last year.  I'm just not sure where to start with regard to boots.  Are there any boots that seem to be part of the average Who boot collection??  I should start by buying the Scoop CDs, they're full of demos aren't they??

> There is a lot of repetition in different titles, too.
That's another thing, knowing if 2 boots under different titles are in fact the same.
keets:-
>RECORD COLLECTOR?

I've got the latest issue of that, and I've been thinking about starting a record collection for ages, another thing I don't know where to start on, and what to collect.  I guess I'd stick to my interests, namely the Who mainly, and the Beatles and Kinks and 60s bands in general.  Anyone here collect Who records, or know of any places with info on what to expect to pay for Who things over here in sunny England??

Alan:-
>Memorize the phrase "independent record stores".

Shall do, thanks.  I know of a couple too not far from me so I'll have to try them sometime.  And there's a couple of record fairs happening soon.  Only thing is, what's a reasonable price to expect to pay for them??

>decide you're from the RIAA and not get in touch with you later.

As long as the people from the RIAA don't go undercover as scruffy students, I think I'll be fine!!  But that's an American thing isn't it, is there a British counterpart to the RIAA??

Jeff:-
>venue where the concert took place. But as acoustics
>of concert halls vary, so do board tapes. The other
>main source for boots are audience recordings, which
>don't usually measure up as far as sound quality, but
>may yield historic shows.

On the subject of live shows, anyone know if any recordings (or pictures other than the 3 on thewho.net) exist of the Newcastle show on November 6th this year??  And just out of interest, was anyone there??

Paul:-
>You don't have to buy them if you don't want to.  Most are available for
>free on napster.  Username to look for is Leathertoy. Tons of boots are
>in my collection.

That's a place I've never been on, my brother uses napster now and again so he could show me what to do there.  But napster gives you mp3's and according to my brother, you can't stick these on a CD??  And we have a CD burner on the computer, so that's a shame really.  And I've read that soon you'll have to pay to use napster.
Thanks again.
from Christine